Chez Madeleine

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

IMG_1793

I invented a cocktail for the Oscars. It got its inspiration from the Apple Crostada I was making from the Barefoot Contessa Parties! cookbook. The crust is stuffed with apples tossed with orange zest. I had an entire juicy Florida orange left over once I had stripped it of its essence, so I decided to juice it.

But what does one do with a few shots of fresh O.J.?

As the glowing stars made their way down the red carpet, I decided that the best way to pay homage to them was through a cocktail.

So, I shook in my martini shaker: Pomegranate juice, tonic, Ketel One vodka, ice, and this tiny shot of O.J.

Gregor said it tasted like "nothing". how could that be? But I thought it was a refreshing, pink, chilly, fun, inventive cocktail.

Check out the amazing meal I made too:
Filet Mignon with Gorgonzola sauce (let me know in the comments if you want the recipe for the sauce-it was incredible and so easy)
Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and parsley
Roasted Cherry tomatoes with basil

IMG_1794

And here's the apple crostada. served with Ben & jerry's. yum

IMG_1789

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sar-I think Keith would love that sauce...will you send me the directions? bd

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home