Chez Madeleine

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What's for dinner?

One can't always be throwing glamorous parties or hobnobbing with celebrity chefs. Sometimes, especially after one has been traveling for a while, one just wants to cook for herself at home.

Lately, I've been cooking a lot at home and really enjoying it.

Last week, I made some really great recipes from Cooking Light. For my lunches, I made homemade falafel and yogurt sauce. For dinner, I cooked up this Fig and Blue Cheese stuffed Pork Tenderloin. I paired the tenderloin with some sweet potato fries.

IMG_1608

I also mixed up this super easy Apple Raisin Slaw.

IMG_1609

Tonight, I made some salmon that I highly recommend. I salted and peppered two salmon filets. In a small bowl I mixed 2 tbsp. grain dijon mustard (it has to be the grainy kind), 1 tbsp organic honey, and 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce. It makes a dark glaze. I put the fish skin side down in a glass dish and spoon the mixture over the top. It carmelizes and gets really sticky in the oven, giving the fish the best flavor. I cook it at 350 for about 25 minutes.

IMG_1615

Also, for healthy lunch club tomorrow, I cooked up this Chicken Chili and these Sour Cream, Green Onion, and Cheddar biscuits.

IMG_1617

IMG_1618

Tomorrow's lunch will be warm like a big bowl of chili.

So, that's my normal Tuesday night dinner. Hope yours was good too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home