Chez Madeleine

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

First Annual Cocktail Party

I'm afraid I may have fallen from my perch as "hostess with the mostess" this weekend when, at my first annual cocktail party, I did a lot of bitching that no one else hosted parties. I love to host, and would marry a votive holder, a chinese lantern, or a napkin ring holder if it met me on the right night. I'm a sucker for a room full of people, a table full of bites, and a rampant rip-roaring theme.

So, my first annual party was held on Friday night. The menu was:
Spiced Bourbon Cider
Baltimore Egg Nog with Rum & Brandy
Espresso Martini Station

IMG_1188 IMG_1185 IMG_1194 IMG_1196 IMG_1216 IMG_1207

Italian Fig Cookies
Buckeye Balls
Peppermint Cheesecakes with a cookie crust
Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
Three-Chocolate Bark with spiced pecans and cherries
Black Spice Cakes with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting and Caramel
homemade Sharp Cheddar Cheese Straws (from Tara)
Sweet and Salty Pecans (Kathleen)


The mistletoe was hung...
IMG_1181

The buckeyes were dipped...
IMG_1173

The eggnog was imbibed with brandy and rum...
IMG_1197

And this food blogger celebrated with her great friends, and gave thanks for a wonderful 2006. Here's to many more parties in 2007 (at your house of course)...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah,

It looks like you out did yourself as usual. You should be proud that you are carring on the wonderful entertaining gene that would make your mother smile from ear to ear.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another party I'm not invited to. And I'm so fond of martinis.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we need more pictures of your newly painted house! it looks wonderful from what i could see

happy new year to all

harriet

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home