Chez Madeleine

Monday, December 04, 2006

a gift from Santa

IMG_1089

You may remember that the last time I made my roasted root soup I asked Santa for an immersion blender.

On Thursday, this box arrived at my office from Santa "re: my blog". Quel suprise!

This was inside:
IMG_1113

When I was younger I really did believe in Santa. I remember looking through the bannisters when the light was so dim that it was hard to focus. Trying to make out the blurry objects. Knowing that it was too early to wake mom and dad up.

These days, I'm asking Santa for creme brulee torches instead of Strawberry Shortcake dolls. I've made a list of some of the things I really want for Christmas:

1) The Gift of Southern Cooking: Recipes and Revelations from Two Great American Cooks

2) These kick-ass appetizer spoons so I can pretend I live inside a fancy hotel where amuse bouches get their own special servingware

3) Le Creuset Dutch Oven, but what shade would look best for me?

4) These oven mitts, because I don't have any

5)These latte bowls so I can drink my coffee from a big bowl like I did in Paris

I'm still shopping, don't worry.

But Santa, if you're out there, thanks for thinking of me. The next time I make soup, it'll be for you...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Nice Little Girl In Atlanta..
Santa is very busy but enjoyed your soup blog. He has noted with interest your growing list of "wants" and is advising his broker to invest heavily in cooking related companies in Atlanta.
Santa

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home