Chez Madeleine

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Kitchen Art

Image006

This weekend, I hit up a great warehouse sale at The Works on the West End. What a cool space. They use the warehouse space to sell all different kinds of things depending on the time of year.

Anyway, I aquired something new for my kitchen-a retro sign with a Betty Crocker-esque woman holding a steaming hot pie. It was only the second thing that I've ever hung myself in my house (the first thing is right next to it-my magnetic spice rack). I was pretty proud of my handy work. I used a drill. And it wasn't even pink.

So, next time your jonesing for some new decor, check out the schedule and stop by and check it out. And if you really want to have a great day, stop by the West Egg for brunch on your way over. I met Jessica & Kevin this weekend and noshed on some awesome black bean cakes topped with poached eggs and habanero salsa, and super garlicy grits. Yum!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah! This is Kate Bova, now Kate Van Yperen. I love your blog as I LOVE to cook too! Too bad we can't hang out and cook together. I live in England now. Ashley Smith told me about your blog and I will be sure to check it often. Love, Kate

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home