Chez Madeleine

Friday, December 29, 2006

Thumbs Up

IMG_1224

Recenty, three friends met up at the Diner across the street from me. Kevin and Jessica are two of my favorite people in the world. And the fact that they're recently married makes me believe in love.

Kevin is an uber-talented High-School teacher, blogger extraordinare, history buff, baseball coach, and website designer. He designed my sister's wedding website, and is going to eventually help me take this one to the next level. How cool is it that he engages his students by blogging about American History? Check it out.

Jessica is equally talented and charming. She is one of the smartest women that I know, and her advice qualifies her to understudy with Dear Abby. Jessica is the kind of person you could talk to all day. I love her companionship and I live for her advice.

Jessica and Kevin love Brunch. They would make it a sport if they could. They're on a quest to visit all of the best brunch places in Atlanta, so I thought it was only natural that we meet at my personal favorite, Thumbs Up Diner.

It was a few weeks before Christmas, so we were greeted with holiday mugs of coffee:

IMG_1230

Wanting to show his diverse culinary tastes, Kevin ordered Lou's coffee, a blend of hot chocolate and coffee topped with whipped cream:
IMG_1229

Kevin and Jessica studied their menus seriously, eventually settling on the Yukon Omelette for Jessica (with smoked salmon and cream cheese) and the Mexican Egg wraps for Kevin:

IMG_1226

My omelette with goat cheese, spinach and mushrooms:
IMG_1235

Kevin and Jessica with their meals:
IMG_1233

We had a great time at brunch, catching up on our lives and eating lots of protien to sustain us for the rest of our Christmas shopping. So, if you ever want to come over for brunch, I'll take you to Thumbs Up diner...just name the date and time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home