Chez Madeleine

Friday, September 22, 2006

true colors

easter eggs

This week, the easter bunny came early. I didn't have to mix up messy dyes in cheap plastic cups, or carefully submerge eggs with plastic spoons, or decorate with wax crayons. There are no peeps around, or cadburry eggs with their sticky, nauseating, addictive centers.

Fresh from the farm, these eggs represent life's true colors. Deep burnt caramel, light moss, warm khaki. They're almost too beautiful to eat, but I think somehow I'll find my way around that tomorrow night. I'm going to have an omelette for dinner...but for now, I'm admiring the gorgeous things that come from this wonderful world.

Over the past few weeks, I've been so thankful for my life. It seems like its always during the hard times when I realize how much I have to be thankful for. Great music. Compassionate friends. Cool mornings in the park. A curious cat who is so eager to eat in the morning that she often slips on the concrete floor and bangs into the wall. Fall colors, keep warm in your cableknits and suede, herringbone and tweed. Declarations of love on tv. My favorite blanket. Sweet smelling shampoo.

So, even if you're life has been smooth sailing lately, no one's broken your heart, or stomped on your soul, take today to think about the little things you have to be thankful for. Even if its just some colored eggs.

1 Comments:

Blogger olesiakaradaga said...

The company's hallmark is an unwavering commitment to quality. They realize that the effectiveness of any procedure, especially a complex one like jet peel, depends on the materials used.

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home