Chez Madeleine

Monday, August 14, 2006

Party Dress

setting

On Saturday, I threw a party. A casual Soiree to celebrate the end of summer with my friends from school. I shopped, kneaded pizza dough, chopped ingredients, arranged wine and fruit. I did the thing that I enjoy doing most in the world. Preparing to entertain. Creating a feast. Lee came over to keep me company while I set up the Mise for the night, and I told him that he was seeing me in my truest, realest, happiest state. Zen zucchini.

I love a row of glasses--shiny and perfectly lined up before a party.

bar

mise en place 3

having the ingredients ready to go, ready to come together in combinations

mise en place 2

onions

spinach

oily olives stuffed together, ready for fingers to grab

olive

summer appetizers on their way to greatness

peach prep

peaches

cute boys who take out the trash and open wine for you

leeandsarah

chicken sausage on pizza, fresh and steamy out of the oven

pizza

a towering dessert, heavy with deep, dark chocolate, sinful in its decadence

chocolate

and good friends, bonded by wine and tables of food...

kathleen, clay, beth

IMG_0099

ep08 girls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home