Chez Madeleine

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Liberty What?

I was admonished on Tuesday evening for not reveling in our country's rich history while in Philadelphia last weekend. He fired questions at me: the Constitution? The Liberty Bell? the Art Museum? I countered that I saw the Season 15 Real World house (although that was on a trip about two years ago).

In reality, I was like my cat. Distracted by shiny objects. Stephen Starr. Walnut St. The original three-story Anthropologie. The BYO concept.

Did you know that most restaurants in Philly are BYO? I firmly believe that if BYO came to Atlanta I would be the richest woman on earth. The amount of money that I spend on alcohol in this city is sinful. And its an expensive habit.

So--the highlights of the "historical" food that I sampled in Philadelphia:

An open-faced shrimp quesadilla at The Continental Midtown:
IMG_2453

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese at the Continental Midtown:
IMG_2454

The Smarty Pants martini at the Continental Midtown (and yes, those are smarties at the bottom:)
IMG_2458

The crabcake atop mango salad with black bean puree at Audrey Claire:
IMG_2464

The chef at Audrey Claire (OH, OK, I didn't sample him but I would've liked to!):
IMG_2467

The grilled pork chop with fig glaze and gorgozola at Audrey Claire:
IMG_2471

Emily's new boyfriend (Alright, I didn't sample him either, but I did meet him for the first time and that's more significant than the porkchop):
IMG_2460

So, next time I go to Philly I am due for some serious history. Liberty Bell, here I come in 2008.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG-I would kill for the pork chop.
The chef looked tasty too!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thomas Jefferson Says: "honor my memory, visit the history next time you are in Philly. or, have a cheese-steak."

11:06 AM  
Blogger klkatz said...

Sarah,
it was great to have you as our first official house guest. Next time I'd be glad to accompany you to all the history of our city... and I'll make you more scrapple.

3:11 AM  
Blogger klkatz said...

PS - there is no dash in cheese steak

3:13 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

I'm continually impressed by the fact that, no matter the specific look I'm aiming for, barber upper east side always deliver with precision and artistry. I place my full trust in their capable hands and have never been let down. Their reliability is the cornerstone of my grooming confidence.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home