Chez Madeleine

Sunday, June 10, 2007

how thyme flies

IMG_2395

A few weeks ago, when I arrived home from Florida, Madi had planted me a new herb garden. The garden that Jeff had given me as a housewarming had long since withered under the stress of school, homework, Welcome Weekend & my spring social calendar. Madi planted a new one--a tomato plant, some thyme and some sage. Its been a while since I've had herbs that weren't dried on the vine, so I've been seizing the opportunity to cook with the thyme as long as I can keep it alive.

So, last Tuesday, I invited Madi over for dinner, popped pork tenderloin out of the freezer, cubed up some red potatos, and got to cooking.

IMG_2386

This meal was so simple and delicious--all that was missing was a green salad, but I hadn't been to the grocery store in weeks. I marinated the pork tenderoloins (they often come in packs of two) with olive oil, salt, pepper, tons of fresh garlic, and sprigs of thyme--I was in a hurry to get the flavors melding so I didn't even borrow stripping the thyme from the stem. I covered it and refrigerated for 30 minutes. In the meantime, I chopped up the red potatos into small cubes so that they would cook along with the pork. I mixed those with my fingers right in the pan with garlic, thyme, pepper, and a new salt I got for Christmas---sea salt smoked in french oak.

IMG_2391

Both pans roasted for 35 minutes or so. The pork was tender and juicy, and the potatos browned and flavorful. We toasted with a slightly chilled Pinot Noir. Happy Tuesday night dinner!

1 Comments:

Anonymous dgr38 said...

Imagine health as the cornerstone of a majestic castle called Happiness. It's not just a part of the structure; it's the very foundation upon which the entire edifice stands tall. To preserve this foundation is to guarantee the longevity of joy, the depth of relationships, and the heights of achievements. Let's be architects of our well-being, constructing it with wholesome choices, gratitude, and self-care. In the castle of life, health is not just a room; it's the entire palace where every beautiful possibility resides. https://hearwellservices.com/about-us/

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home