Chez Madeleine

Sunday, June 10, 2007

how thyme flies

IMG_2395

A few weeks ago, when I arrived home from Florida, Madi had planted me a new herb garden. The garden that Jeff had given me as a housewarming had long since withered under the stress of school, homework, Welcome Weekend & my spring social calendar. Madi planted a new one--a tomato plant, some thyme and some sage. Its been a while since I've had herbs that weren't dried on the vine, so I've been seizing the opportunity to cook with the thyme as long as I can keep it alive.

So, last Tuesday, I invited Madi over for dinner, popped pork tenderloin out of the freezer, cubed up some red potatos, and got to cooking.

IMG_2386

This meal was so simple and delicious--all that was missing was a green salad, but I hadn't been to the grocery store in weeks. I marinated the pork tenderoloins (they often come in packs of two) with olive oil, salt, pepper, tons of fresh garlic, and sprigs of thyme--I was in a hurry to get the flavors melding so I didn't even borrow stripping the thyme from the stem. I covered it and refrigerated for 30 minutes. In the meantime, I chopped up the red potatos into small cubes so that they would cook along with the pork. I mixed those with my fingers right in the pan with garlic, thyme, pepper, and a new salt I got for Christmas---sea salt smoked in french oak.

IMG_2391

Both pans roasted for 35 minutes or so. The pork was tender and juicy, and the potatos browned and flavorful. We toasted with a slightly chilled Pinot Noir. Happy Tuesday night dinner!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home