Chez Madeleine

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

chez madeleine is born

This weekend, on a westcoast culinary adventure tour posing as a conference for work, an idea was born. I was sitting in the window seat, dreaming about my latest gastronomic finds from San Francisco (scharffen berger chocolate by the pound, delicate lavender shortbreads, and white balsamic vinegar among them), wondering what I'd missed from my favorite blogs whilst I was gone, and munching on the latest Delta snack invention---creamy havarti spread and micro-mini crostinis, when the idea came to me. A food blog. One that would give me the space to describe meals cooked and purchased, here and abroad. I've often heard that hearing me talk about food can be an orgasmic experience. I wanted to share that experience with you, dear readers, in the hopes that I will come even closer to finding my muse, and perhaps my perfect madeleine.

I'll attempt to glean inspiration from those who have come before me-most notably in my world-the Amateur Gourmet www.amateurgourmet.com (who so kindly vacated the Atlanta food blogger market and provided the perfect cat-door for my entry) and the ever poetic and wildly inventive french mademoiselle, Clotilde of www.chocolateandzucchini.com. Last, before I close with today's inagural entry, I must thank my constantly hungering feline companion, Madeleine, without whom coming home at the end of the day would be dull and empty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Diary of a Hip Grandma said...

What a wonderful way to share your dining adventures and recipes!
I am sending you a photo I took in Wiscassett Maine of Sarah's Cafe'.
It was a very busy spot on the water with an outside deck for dining. I love the design and colors on your site and look forward to future posts.
Love, Mom

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an imaginative site, filled with fun, fantastic ideas conveyed so well. I can't wait to read more! So proud of my sis.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well..........well!
A restaurant named after a cat... la bon vie! I am enjoying reading your creative blog and wondering why you don't use that marvelous writing style and your epicurean taste to somehow critique your gastronomic experiences...keep on blogging....Dad

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home